Tuesday, March 9, 2010

stuff

The mystery of dreams

Isn’t funny, you go to bed, you want to rest and sleep but in the moment you finally fall asleep, you start dreaming. Yes of course not all the time, but often enough. I had a time in my life, when I had no dreams and all my classmates were talking about these amazing dreams they had about fighting against dragons or winning a huge car race. No, that was not only in kinder garden or middle school, but also in high school and even here on the ship.
excuse me? fighting against dragons and racing cars, that’s awesome stuff. I mean I had some nice dreams, like flying or having fist fights, but these dreams always ended painful for me. every time I was flying, I woke up on the floor realizing I fall out of bed (and I had a high bed) and when I had fist fights in my dreams, I ended hitting the wall so hard, that I would wake up and could not sleep again because of the pain.

Dreams, what a funny thing! they don’t know how time works, they do not listen to what we want, they always seem to end strange and they create their own world.
I just finished my firerounds on Sunday, and because I had to change my sleeping schedule to work at night, I find it hard to sleep during the times I should. So I am always tired, when I should be awake and the opposite. Today I decided to sleep, and rest nothing more. So I slept and woke up, but stayed in bed and fell asleep again. this went on and on, until I was ready to get up. The strange thing was that I had a dream. A dream that started the first time I fell asleep, but it continued. Every time I woke up and realized, what I just dreamed and fell asleep again it continued where it stopped before. This is new for me. what a strange thing. I started off, being on the ship with friends and along the dream went home, saw friends and went to a birthday party of one of my best friends back home. As I woke up and checked my mails, I had to find out, that this friend who had his birthday party in my dream really has her birthday today. dreams are a funny thing.

I used to dream about me going into my room at home, but because we moved a few times in my life, I would always enter a different room. And so would find myself as a teenager in the room I had, when I was 5 years old. Dreams don’t care about our time they make up their own time. I once had it, that I was in real life thinking about something, that I worked on as a child in my room, but could not remember what it was and the other night then I dreamed being in my room and I could see, what it was. I was working on a ship model that I later on broke while running through my room.
dreams are funny.

Well something more real.
I just finished chatting with a friend in Sydney. He studies there but just moved a few weeks ago. I asked him how he is doing and he shared how hard it is for him. he left the ship in Singapore around 3 months ago. He went back home to hong kong and organized everything for Sydney and then moved. In his last weeks, he moved into a flat with a friend, had to find out the flat was full of cockroaches and fully messed up. After they finished cleaning the flat, which took them a while, they went out and as they came back, they found the flat under water, as the sink broke while they were out. All his stuff was on the floor, because he did not had a table at that point. so all his uni stuff, his papers, his laptop everything got destroyed. He said he is fine, but you could see that it is really hard for him.
this is just one of many stories of my friends who struggle being back home again.
many who leave the ship need to start “real” life and find themselves struggling.
if it is because of a job, because of finances, or spiritually, they all hit the bottom sometime.
and I will as well. This is one of my fears going home again, that I will hit rock…again.

being away for such a long time has its price and we all will pay it sometime.
please keep us in your prayers, as we have to re adjust and get used to “real” life again.

Well, that was sebi dukat live from the MV Doulos.
I wish you all a good day.
be blessed
sebi

3 comments:

kaylee said...

I enjoy reading your thoughts. I almost feel like we're sitting in the dinning room chatting :).

Unknown said...

Ja,das stimmt und Gott kann auch durch Träume reden, das habe ich auch schon persönlich erlebt. Danke, dass du das mit uns teilst. Es tut immer wieder gut, in deinem blog zu lesen und ist mega wertvoll auch wenn du so wenig Kommentare bekommst.
=)

Unknown said...

Stell dir vor, heute Nacht hat Gott zu mir, durch zwei Träume geredet. Im ersten habe ich geträumt, du würdest zusammen mit Dodi uns überraschen und doch schon kurz nach hause kommen. Im zweiten habe ich dann einem kleinen Mädchen erklärt, dass Gott uns manchmal warten lässt, auch wenn wir uns etwas von Herzen wünschen und sagen: "Papa ich möchte aber so gerne!" Als ich dann wach geworden bin, war es als ob Gott mir sagen wolltte: "auch wenn du es dir wünschst, warte noch ein wenig!"
Ich hab dich lieb. =)